Backing up is important. Financial Backup, Health Backup (Insurance) and Digital Data Backup. Fear and Curiosity are two major factors behind all major inventions. I last a Facebook account with very limited number of friends in the times when there was happening business talks between me and CEO of a Nepalese Company. No, I am not a spammer, but perhaps facebook felt something wrong with me, I don't know. Now I am extra careful while using any social media. I know many people create fake facebook accounts, but I don't like those practices.
Very recently I got to know through a news feed that Social Media Examiner last there Facebook page with massive fan followings, though facebook restored it later, but question arises, what will happen to the trust of those followers who love reading through your news feeds. In case you lost a page or completely banned from using your facebook, how to tell people (friends, fans, followers) your whereabouts. I am still unable to find track of my valuable customers from previous account. So I do not suffer losses again, I started looking for backup methods. Here are my findings.
How to backup your Facebook book profile data
Your can back up your Facebook profile data in matter of 5 to 10 minutes. Steps are given below
- Log In to your Facebook Account
- On the extreme top corner look for arrow icon pointing downwards.
- Click on the arrow
- Drop down menu will pop up
- Click on settings
- You will be navigated to General Account Settings
- Find Download a copy of your Facebook data and click on it.
- You will take to Download Archive page; click on it
- A pop up will appear asking for password, provide your Facebook Password and click submit
- A message will appear, Facebook is preparing your archive to send to your email.
The Facebook Data will be delivered to same email address that your provide in your FB profile (Primary Email Address)
Now go to your email, in the Inbox you find two emails from Facebook, 1. Archive is requested and 2. Download Archive. Open the second one
- Inside email you find link to download facebook archive, click on
- Provide Facebook Password, Click Submit
- Archive will pop out, which is a zip file.
- Save it in your computer disk
Now you have all your facebook profile data in your PC including your contact details, photos, news feeds, stats and friends name etc.
Did you find this article useful. Do me a favor by clicking a social media button below and post your valuable comments.