Expert is a truly big thing. Finding one to market your products need loads of ground work. There exists three categories
1. Influencers- These are busy lot, you always can find one, but getting their time is pretty difficult.
2. Certified professionals : with the rise of Internet marketing many companies lure candidates to get certification and earn million dollar, few succeed.
3. Self made professionals:- Those who has learned it as passion or need based or both.
Whether you are hiring No. 1 or not, definitely No. 2 and No. 3 mentioned above are valuable to you.
When looking for a digital marketing expert, seek out following qualities
1. Knowledge- Any can speak anywhere, ask for the bio or portfolio of person you are willing to hire. See if it truly appeals you.
2. Links of any past work- If available it will great to cross check if the marketer in question can truly create right amount of noise in right places.
3. Ask for a marketing plan- How this marketer can promote your product, how long it will take when people will truly start recognizing your brand.
Remember, a real marketer will never promise you Sun, Moon or Stars.
4. Ask the marketer to sell your product to you. If the person in question can convince you to buy this product.
5. Allow to ask questions- You are the best person who knows about this product. However the marketer you are intended to hire knows very less. Questions has the power to raise the curiosity.
There is no marketing without intelligent questions.
A person who asks better questions is the right one to answer better.