10 tips to show your blog posts on top of search engine result pages (serps)
1. Your post idea is great. Ask yourself, what problem this post is going to solve?
2. Write for the audience. Massive content is generated every minute. From observations I know average user stays on a webpage for less than a minute. A very small population truly read whole post, normally people look for key points. Instead of reading thoroughly people quick scan through a post. Write in bulleted points or numbered points.
3. Give references. Perhaps, you are an expert in your field but without references people are less likely to trust you, especially if your blog post is something of academic nature or a case study. It should be backed by facts and figures.
4. Post length should be ideal, long enough to entertain the audience, short enough to raise the curiosity. If your blog post is ideal, divide it into subsections with correct tags.
Read here, what is ideal post length
5. Write a catchy and attractive headline. Headlines with a how, number, why, comparison type, predictions, trends etc raise more eyebrows.
6. Write the tags correctly. I prefer writing 3 tags for my posts.
7. Include an image; an attractive visual has the power to stop the audience on your webpage.
8. At the end of the blog post include a call to action and ask for social shares.
9. Now once your blog post is published,find the audience for it, discuss their problems, offer them a solution, and in the end of the discussion give your link for more details.
10. Build your tribe. Find the people who are solving similar problems or author problems of your audience, listen, communicate and convert.
Do these steps and your will get massive share, comments and emails. If your audience are happy Google will be happy to display your post of top of search results.