Today most of the businesses have Facebook Page for company / organization. When someone acquires a business, owner also wants to get control on Facebook Page so as to take old customers along. Here is how to transfer Facebook Page ownership.
- Add the new owner as your Facebook Friend or ask to like the company page.
- Go to company page >> Click Settings on the top.
- Along the left hand rail click on Page Role.
- If new owner is your friend type name in the empty box, below set role as Admin. Click Save. Enter your password. Now new owner has same permission to play with Facebook company page as you.
- Again Go to Page >> Settings >> Page Role. You can see the new owner as well as your name. Against your name click X. Now you don’t have permission to manage the same page. It will go away from your profile completely. New owner can also do the same once you assigned the Admin role.
Now Facebook Company page fully belongs to new owner of the business.
Before you do, write a Facebook post, so your followers, customers and friends know, hands are changing. This is essential step to ensure the safety of your loyal customers because of whom you made profit selling this business.